The Hope of Glory

I saw all these things piling up on my table, on my floor and in my life. Physical things. Emotional things. Spiritual things. And while they piled up I just sat there.

A few days in and these things, so small and simple, suddenly seemed so big. I began drowning in guilt and feelings of inadequacy. How could this happen? 

Feelings of sin set in and burdened me deeply. Lies the enemy told me seemed so appealing and so terrible they had to be true. I tried desperately to ignore them. I buried myself in busyness. Distraction worked... for a little while.

I prayed.
I read scripture.
The Lord spoke Truth. 

Though hard to swallow and hard to believe, He loved me still. He said, "come weary one, I will give you rest. I will lighten your burden."

I know this man, Jesus. I know Him personally. He's good and true. He says, "All things for your good and My glory." I'm not entirely sure the weight of this statement, but it heals me. Somehow these light, momentary afflictions compare to nothing He has in store for me. I've told you, He's true.

He allows pain if something is to be born out of this. I'm being remade and refined and that's never a bad thing. It's good and it's good because it's for His glory. 

Comments

  1. This. is. so. beautiful.

    I've missed you. I was around, then gone, now you're in Africa, and I'm still such a fan of your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts