When Dreams Don't Come True

I never imagined my life would be like this. I dreamed, with my Gen Y mindset, that I'd be superstar, climbing the corporate latter, traveling the world with a disposable income. I dreamed of fancy cars and nice clothes. Anything I'd put my mind to, I could accomplish. I dreamed I'd be great.

I'm pleased to say,
my dreams didn't come true.

No really, I am.

Though I still think I'm a superstar and still think I can do anything I put my mind to, it's far from the dream I dreamed. I work an 8-5, but there's no corporate latter. I pay bills (somehow bills seem to escape childhood dreams...). My car can get me from point A to point B with only a few problems. My social life exists hardly outside of work and working out. The rest of my year is practically full of friend's weddings, training for a full marathon and holidays. I thrift 60% of my clothes, and proud of it. I make enough money to support myself, tithe and save for a sunny day. 

In my mind it's not the dream, but it's the cards God dealt me and I'd say it's a pretty good hand. 

Scripture says, God will grant you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4). He does, just not how you think it should be.





I knew in my heart I wanted to travel. I knew I wanted to go places and see things. Never for a moment had I completely lost sight of those dreams, but they were just that. Dreams. 

And just like a complicated puzzle my life makes little to no sense till the pieces start connecting and there's a bigger picture. My life was not made to glorify myself, but to glorify God. God gave me the dreams and placed in my heart the desires that would ultimately desire Him. 

Be still my heart, for God will grant you the desires, as He sees fit.

*photos courtesy of David, my very good friend and greatest Alaskan host

Comments

  1. Judging by this photo set alone...you're live a beautiful rich life! :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waahh love this post! It is so true this life is to glorify God and to serve Him! Amazing pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts