God's Honor

Meet Timothy. He's about 5' 9'' (maybe 5'10'') resembling Lebron James :), brown hair, blue eyes, loud laugh, genuine smile, great musician, and overall one of the best brothers a girl like me could ask for.
Today I got to see him off to the Philippines, where his parents, Paul & Sherry, brothers: Daniel, Samuel, Noah, and little sister Hannah will be serving the Lord where ever He calls them. They will also be working with True Love Waits and teaming with some other missionaries whom are serving the Filipinos. Their mission is to bring God glory and then to spread the Good News to those who have yet to hear it.
I don’t know exactly where to begin, but I do know that God has used and will continue to use Tim in a mighty way. Through Tim, God has taught me…
Love: Not just “you’re my neighbor, I love you” love… no, like brother love. Brother love, a selfless love that is always giving, expecting nothing in return.
Dependency: The good kind, the kind that shows Gods power in your life. In order to be dependent I must seek God for all my needs and concerns, in happiness, and in times of doubt. In that I’ve learned that God is always there, it’s me that’s lost and distant.
Worship: I’ve seen that true worship is from the heart this includes: Singing, dancing, laughing, loving, serving all forms of worship that God loves and enjoys, when done with a pure heart.
Confession: Sins, convictions and discernment. Understanding that you are human, you’re going to mess up, but that God will forgive you. Also understanding that along with this it’s good to confess because it shows people what God has done and is doing in your life. “Bearing the fruits”
God shows himself in a mighty way. Through the stars, the planets, the tilt of the earth, the storms, the sun rising & setting, ultimately He shows himself through us. Our lives are to be a book written by our one true Author and Creator. I’ve seen that the most important thing to do is to allow God to work on His time. It’s so perfect! Tim has gone, BUT I don’t worry because regardless of where God takes him and myself I will see him again. I don’t mean in a morbid way, but we all have our call. Timothy means: God’s Honor. I’m blessed to have Tim in my life, and I look forward to the work that God will use him for.

Comments

Popular Posts