Drought

"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words 
than words without a heart." - John Bunyan

***
On my knees
heart heavily beting beneath my chest
sweat pouring from my brows.
"O Lord O Lord"

silence

Doubt begets my knowing mind
resentment festers in my eyes
I try to cry
but even my tears
have gone dry

"Hear me O Lord"

silence

My heart has dried of love
my soul thirsts for Living Water

Where is it?

Faith resides by the riverside
too far it seems from reach
angst builds within my heart
"O my Lord I must beseech"

"Rain down your love Lord,
restore my heart with Yours
Produce in me tears, O Lord
I want your love to pour"

"For the city has gone dry
and I can no longer look to it for joy
my God my God, I wonder why?!"
In You our hope can be restored.

-
Shower, O heavens, from above,
   and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
   let the earth cause them both to sprout;
   I the LORD have created it.
 

Isaiah 45:8


Comments

  1. Love the quote; may we see God's love as it rains down on us forever.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts