Real Runners of San Antonio: Hot and Sweaty



This is your bi-monthly, no tri-monthly--whenever I feel like it--episode of "Real Runners of San Antonio" featuring Hot, Sweaty and Oh My Gosh What's That Smell drama on the streets and trails of San Antonio.


It turns out training for a full marathon, mid-summer in south Texas, has it's ups and it's downs, highs and lows, but mostly HIGHS (temperature pun intended, because I needed to explain that). In an effort to bring humor to my training I'll complain talk about what all runners do, what I'm expected to do and how a running nobody is just trying to become a running somebody in one of the the fattest cities in America. It's not ironic at all. I'll keep it short, simple and informative to the point of silly (because I won't say st*pid on this blog).

This particular episode includes:

-How long is too long before you get new running shoes? Two years? Wait. Two to three months? You don't say.


-Pigeons can suck it, because I'm used to country birds flocking at the sight of my presence. How should I have known pigeons get up in yo face, don't move out of yo way?
NOPE.

-Don't stretch before you run. Stretch while you run. Stretch after you run. Don't forget to stretch. Yoga only counts as stretching if you're actually stretching. PS, why am I sore after yoga?


-Get the girls more support, bra(h).


-The River Walk at 6:30 in the morning is the best time to run. Not a minute later. River creatures, humidity and personal space become an issue.


-Start of run, I feel pretty, oh so pretty...


-1 mile in, "you can do this"...


-Last few miles of the run... I just pretend like I'm running.



-Then I see the finish line:


TILL NEXT TIME...

keep running, San Antonio.

Comments

  1. Ha ha ha I love this post! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. this post cracks me up! have fun with the training and the marathon - know that i'm super impressed with you. and yeah, yoga's intense. it's very easy to underestimate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your writing, you're hilarious! I just started running this summer and so I can sort of relate, especially the whole "1 mile in" part haha!

    -Melissa
    theblushingdreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog ;)

    would you like follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this is great and I can relate to a good bit of it! Some of those GIF's are just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather you're hilarious and you captured the drama of running perfectly! Seriously. Thanks for encouraging me to be a better writer, runner and maybe just all around goof. You da best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I love this. I totally relate to all of this, specifically the first one. Running shoes are so expensive! Blah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts