Well Fed



I know some people wondered, and even I wondered at times, what will I eat in South Africa? It's not the most pressing question... except from my mom, simply because of my dietary restrictions. Restrictions, used loosely, because I eat practically everything except meat.

No worries ma, Jozi feeds me well. In fact, there's every kind of food here and every kind of people and it turns out I'm in one big melting pot of culture and it's delicious.

The food is fantastic. I'm still trying to understand the currency here and everything looks super expensive since the dollar is 10 to 1 in Rands. So something says 10R and really it's only $1. Also, the food is packaged differently in the grocery store, which makes me go, "oh culture shock," but that's silly because it's just different packaging, not a different food. Also, guess what Americans?! Things are entirely backwards here. The healthy stuff is cheap and the junk food is expensive. This works out in my favor. Eating out though, does not.

I just thought you should all know. I'm gonna make it after all.





Last pic, updated 04/06/14... I can't stop eating.

Comments

  1. The Oreo Shake is in the healthy category, right? :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hungry, haha :)

    Have a great day,
    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that all looks amazing! So glad you are enjoying yourself and can't wait to see how God uses u in ways u never imagined! Praying....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo cuute!! Loved this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! now I'm hungry hahahaha
    very niiice photos ;)
    xx

    http://ladydiene.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts