2009: Submission to an Almighty God


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride." Selah. "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold." Selah. Psalm 46:1-3,7



*******
Looking back on 2009, I take a deep breath and sigh with gratefulness and an even deeper longing for the Lord, even for that breath I am thankful. I know I will miss memories and events when I look back chronologically. Even now, as I ponder, there are things I think of that I never thought before. God's faithfulness overwhelms me with joy and there are tears that come without invitation, but just fill my eyes and fall, like leaves in autumn season. Natural and peacefully with purpose and dignity.

Writing a book on 2009 would seem only proper. Although this task seems impossible at this point. I was blessed to have learned, that blogging or journaling is a good way to keep up with milestones and such throughout my life. Especially being that I am a new blogger I find excitement in that now, (for 2010) I can keep up with most of these milestones.
Anyways, here is a 'table of contents' to a book I have no intentions of writing, but find solace and encouragement in its vitality. As much as I would like to expand on each chapter, I won't because I feel some things are left better said than written...


2009: Submission to an Almighty God
  1. Beyond Zero: A new name, same game. Leadership assigned.
  2. Encounters of the Lost Kind: Atheism 101 and an intro to Apologetics.
  3. Crazy Love: A new approach to viewing God. The journey to Travis Park.
  4. The Search Begins: Writing a paper that would ultimately change my life.
  5. Summer Wedge: Work, theology, and complications.
  6. Hello Seattle: Still Water Sports Camp and Seattle, WA.
  7. The Turnaround: God changes my future plans.
  8. United Way: Committee involvement. Visiting friends. Seeking counsel.
  9. An Ambassador Serving in Germany: Emilee leaves and I prepare for the year's changes. Captivating begins.
  10. Servant Hood: Sudolcans leave, I become in tune with my purpose, and my car gets broken into.
  11. 21 an Ultimatum: Trials with friends, adjusting to changes at work, seeking my purpose in God's will.
  12. Cruise Control: Finals, CRASH, and a Christmas Family Cruise.
Excerpt from 'Cruise Control':"Although worries and trials had filled my year, I saw that even while I had put myself on cruise (rest), God was still at work. The Holy Spirit had just begun His work in my life, and I saw that God's labor was never finished and He is, was, and will always be a mighty and faithful God!"
*******
The excerpt, well it's kind of a joke, obviously, because I haven't written a book. However I find myself completely in awe of God and so thankful for 2009 and all the trials that I've been through. I look forward to 2010 and what is in store, gaining a small amount of knowledge and tools, I feel God has only equipped me for something greater in his marvelous plan. Like I said, reflecting only brings tears to my eyes, tears of joy, of sorrow and of hope. Continuing to follow God does have it's narrow path, but one I intend to walk like a tightrope.

[Valerie and myself] I also found photography to be a hobby and passion :)

Comments

Popular Posts