Fast Food: Zucchini Pasta + Pumpkin Pie

I'm really trying to be healthy people. Make healthy eating choices. Workout a few times a week. Take gummy vitamins (oh yes, I said gummy).

Sometimes it's hard because I work, I go to school, I do homework, I workout, I eat, and I write. Full day.

BUT...

In a past post I mentioned that I like living with my parents. A huge part of that is because, well, my mom knows how to "stock" up. We always have all the essentials, and in case an asteroid hit the earth, we've got canned foods covered.

So putting dinner together is usually and only hard, because there are choices.

Not this day. I looked in the fridge and saw zucchini. My mind immediately registered to Skinny Taste, the food blog. I grabbed her "Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes" recipe, and ::tweaked:: it. Instead of angel hair pasta, I used a vegan "Kalmatta Olive Fettucine" of Gourmet Texas Pasta that I'd bought at Wimberly Market Days a few months ago. The meal was divine. 

It took me less than 15 minutes to make this meal, and that was mostly the zucchini peeling. Fast food. My mom would be SO proud. Oh wait, she was.





I may have gotten a little ambitious and made dessert, anything to put off homework. I made the "Pumpkin Pie Cups" from Eat Yourself Skinny and again ::tweaked:: it, by putting the entire filling in one small pie glass instead of cups. We're fancy, but not that fancy. Since the original dish said "makes for four servings," I just split the pie in four sections. It was perfect, simple, not super sweet, but completely and utterly delicious. This one wasn't quick by any means, but it was easy to do.


All pictures courtesy of this girl. (Me, silly.)

Comments

Popular Posts