11 "Real" Reasons I like Being Single

I've decided to take my writing more "seriously" and with that said, I'm seriously joking. Writing for me is like doodling for the real artist. Did I really just call myself a real writer? Eh.

Every now and then I end up with a really great piece... in my mom's eyes. The doodles, though, are important. They're what inspires the BIG piece. They happen all the time and the world deserves to hear such witticism. So to my fellow readers, which are few to even fewer, enjoy. Here's a doodle for you.

My Top 11 Real reasons I like being single:
(because all the other reasons are fake--no--just typical)

1.) Fellowship: Worship service. Benefit. Happy Hour. Kickball League. Volleyball League. Softball League. 5ks... all of which I can go to, without "checking in." Married people, don't be offended by the "check-in" statement, but let's be real. My social life is...advantageous...that's a good word. When someone says, "A few of us are going to (place) to get (thing(s))..." I say, "Ok, cool. I'll join."  

2.) Living With My Parents: You can so do this if you're married, but most couples probably wouldn't/didn't/don't like doing that. I do. I happen to get along very well with my parents and between my mom and myself, dinner is always served.  

3.) Shopping: I just recently bought a hydration backpack (not entirely necessary) and a Mac book pro (completely necessary, annd slightly exaggerated). Not the same day (for all you who think the single person automatically "banks"). These kind of purchases are to be discussed with spouses, yes?

4.) Missions: Paul said, "but the married woman is anxious about worldly things..." (1 Cor. 7:34). There are other verses I could have chosen, but for this one, my point is: I'm solely serving the Lord and His bride, the church. If God called me to Africa--tomorrow--I'd go. I'm passionate about missions, therefore I am sensitive to this reason for the season biz.

5.) Girl's Night Out: My favorite thing! Dinner, a social drink, some dancing, ice cream, a sleepover... My married friends depend on me to throw the party and provide the place. I gladly oblige.

6.) Travel: I cannot tell you how many sporadic "this weekend seems good" trips I've taken. I love to do things on a whim and go places I've never been. I've visited Seattle on another family's vacation, road tripped to California and have driven many miles from here to there just to "hang out." 

7.) Dance Pants: I like to dance. Alot. I know a lot of guys and girls who like to dance. Alot. You can catch me in the swing, the salsa, or free style. I'm really a great dancer. I enjoy being able to go "dancing" and have several dance partners without having to cater to one date.

8.) Read + Write ALL NIGHT: One bedside lamp = on all night. Oh yes. My deep dark pleasure... is a good book and blank paper to write on. I imagine, when married, other ::things:: can also take place at night.... But while I'm completely available I'll take my book, thank you very much.

9.) The Menu: Oh, you would like Italian food tonight?? And you don't like whole wheat pasta? I. Don't. Care. I would like a bean and cheese taco with a side of potato salad and you know what? I can have exactly that with no regards to what you want. Although, anyone who knows me, knows that I am actually not picky or really care, but I've met ladies with husbands who are picky and do care... 

10.)  Family: Two very loving parents and three really awesome (and quite hilarious) sisters keeps me pretty grounded on this point. I pretty much want to do... everything with my family. Travel? Yes. Eat? Yes. Swim? Yes. Watch Lord of the Rings 232,309 times? Yes. Just keep em comin'. I can't imagine waking up without them there at Christmas. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year. I love my family. What can I say?

11.) Wholly God's: Yes, I love that I am able to focus completely on the Lord and have Him as my head covering. There's so much freedom and exploration in my relationship with Jesus. He never fails. He's always there. He always loves me no matter what. He knows what makes me laugh and what makes me fall more in love with Him. I can't say anything that will make Him run the other way. He's never arrogant or rude. I have a bit of an obsession with Him. Sorry Mr. Darcy, I do still like you but my heart belongs to Jesus.

What do you think are some good reasons for "liking" singleness?
Am I the only one?
...please don't tell me I am.

Comments

  1. THis is an interesting and thought-provoking list. These are indeed things I liked about being single (plus, I very, very strongly beleive that you need to be single-as an adult- and learn how to be happy and vibrant on your own before you think that relationships are going to work. You gotta know yourself before another's gonna know you.)

    I love dancing too (and my boyfriend does too) and multiple dance partners actually make me nervous. Probably relying on knowing the boy too much and not practicing being as good a follower as I could be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singleness is DEFINITELY a sweet time!!! I get so sad when people try to rush so fast into something,I just so bad want to tell people to be still and "wait on the LORD!!" And when you do wait on the Lord you can experience almost your entire list, other than living with your parents (and trust me, that doesn't sound like fun) with your spouse!!! It's such a blessing to still be WHOLLY God's and on "lend" to my husband! That's such a phenomenal attitude and I'm so encouraged to see you're so happy with where the Lord has you now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stretching out in bed and knowing you don't have to share it with ANYONE... oh wait, can married people chime in, too? :P Love you heart for our Father, sister. Honored to know you. Keep on doodling. Regardless of your relationship status.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts