How I Do, What I Do

Day 6 of Blog Every Day In May"If you couldn't answer with your job, 
how would you answer the question 'what do you do?'"
blouse: Target | skirt: Flying Tomato | heels: Victoria's Secret

The truth is, I've never allowed what I do for my job to define me. It's not because I'm embarrassed, unsure or confused at what I do, but because it's such a small part of me. In the essence of telling people who I am and what I do, a light breaks forth timid but vivid and points to the one who Created me.

I'm a daughter of Christ
a creator, 
inspirer of hope, 
day dreamer,
aspiring photographer,
traveler,
runner, 
writer 
and student.  

I'm running the race that's set before me and all along the way I'm capturing moments, relishing in the beauty of it all and believing that what's set before me is far better than what I leave behind.
Ive Learned That People Will Forget Whay You've Said and what you did, people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou

Comments

  1. I love that quote. And I love that you allow yourself to be defined by so many aspects of who you are rather than fitting yourself into just one title or category. Lovely blog, btw!

    PS - I found you through your comment on Megan's blog. I saw that you were from San Antonio and just had to stop by (I grew up there!) but I'm also doing Jenni's blogging challenge. :)

    xo,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to let my job define me either. Life seems really boring with a job defining you. Some job descriptions have more to them....."teacher" can tell my passion a little better than "systems analyst" can tell my husband's, ha!

    LOVE that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this response. Its so true.
    I always forget that I am who I am - not what I do.
    Thank you for your sweet reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I wonderful outfit and post! I am honestly amazed! x

    Have a great day,
    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that list of who you are. I'm so glad I found you out here in blogland.

    Much love!
    NewlyMynted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely list and nice image of running towards better things ahead. The Maya Angelou quote are words to live by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts