Weekend Of Warriors

***Note: The blog below was written February 1st and I didn't have the chance to edit... but I couldn't NOT post it. :) ***


Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. -Romans 13:1


What a week! As I sit here exhausted from this week, God still overwhelms me with a joy that I cannot keep to myself.

From a series of events God has brought forth a tremendous blessing to me. About a month ago, I signed up to go to
Stillwater Weekend of Warriors (W.O.W). I had the privilege and honor of working with this ministry last summer, and it was there that I realized there was something 'not right' about my obedience to God. I witnessed God working in the lives of some of the staffers and the testimonies they had were so encouraging, BUT what exactly was my testimony? What fruits did I have? I did not have faith like theirs or a joy that excited me when I had to pray or worship God by simply dancing around. It was hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I had surrendered my life to an all powerful God, and the idea of me not producing fruits, just didn't sit well. Little did I know (after MUCH prayer and a spiritual kick to the heart) God would completely transform my life and it all started with an act of obedience to serve at a sports camp...

About two weeks ago I received a call from one of the coordinators telling me that all the spots had filled up for staff and that they were sorry but couldn't take any more. At first, I was a little disappointed. I really wanted this. My little cousin was going to be there and since last summer I have grown sooo much in my faith and walking with Christ that it excited me to be near hearts that came to 'hear'. I wanted to tell them my story! I wanted them to know that I work for an Active and Loving God who is Awesome! I simply turned my calendar pages to February 29-31, where I had written W.O.W all over I then wrote **PRAY FOR THEM**. (By that I meant for the staff, kids, and leadership). So I went on with my week, praying that God would move in the youths lives and that another opportunity would arise to be given a chance to spill into a youth's life. God had plans though...

I received a call from one of the directors on the 27th saying, "Heather, please don't hate me for asking you this right now, BUT we had a couple drop-outs and we would love for you to come out this weekend. I understand if you already made plans or just can't do it-"

"YES! I would absolutely LOVE to come out!"... Praise God!

I made arrangements, but not without difficulty and packed my bags to head off to Leaky, Texas. The scenery was beautiful and there is nothing that I enjoy more than being in the presence of eternal brothers and sisters sharing in the joy and expansion of the Kingdom... The theme for the action packed weekend was Dangerously Obedient to God (D.O.G). The obedience to hear our Master's voice and to be loyal even if we are in the middle of a fire. God used Neal (the speaker & coach) in an amazing way to reach out to the kids and staff. Our first night Neal gave us a glimpse of submission through the video and story of Skidboot, which set the picture of obedience and loyalty to our master. So much about this video made me realize how unfaithful I was to God. I realized that God does have such grand plans for each individual who obeys Him and loves Him. From that obedience comes a joy that is eternal!

It was an extremely short weekend. But God never ceases to amaze me, in how He can truly take every moment to glorify Him! From the worship, service, small group, polar bear jump, krud-war, and competition He exemplified His grace. If my servant-hood calls me to be covered in mustard and flower, taking a shower in 50 degree water, for the enjoyment and love of God's children... then I will do it.

Before I was attacked....


anndd after.
D.O.G is what our relationship to God should be! He deserves our absolute best. He sent His son as the most perfect picture of obedience and submission. Ahhh! What a blessing! I did get to pour my story into the girls. Unfortunately due to the extremely short weekend I didn't get the chance to follow up. BUT, I do know that God gave me the opportunity to share and because of my submission to His call to share the Good News, I pray that one girl may have heard. I know that I cannot save people and that my testimony is not for every person. There are so many things that God can use us for and perhaps I wasn't the one to bring anything, maybe God's purpose for my presence was simply to pray for these girls and to love on them. I may never know and to be honest I don't want to be on a 'Need to Know' basis with God. Faith is what I aspire to and faith is what my Savior shall receive from me. You too, should dangerously obey God but brace yourself, there's an overwhelming joy that comes and you won't be able to stop it!


2010 W.O.W Staff

Comments

Popular Posts