Day 11: Marriage


 What does a single girl like me,
know about marriage and divorce?

I've never said 'I do'
...not even close.

I do know what Paul says, and that is,
basically, marriage is hard.

A marriage must be bathed in prayer.

 I've had friends with parents
go through divorce.

I've had friends, go through divorce.

It's never pretty.

I've also seen my parents go
through 32 years of marriage.

My grandparents, much longer.

 It's beautiful.

Marriage is beautiful.

My prayer was for:
men to be strong spiritual leaders,
women to follow that leadership,
mutual submission in complementary roles
and a laying down of their lives 
to one another...
The gospel be shown.

Comments

  1. you are so cute & i love reading your blog. it's true...marriage IS hard. But it's SO good when you work at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Nick are SO cute! Thanks for reading and your credible comment ;).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts