Twosday: ACL

I spent the whole weekend in Austin, Texas
at a little festival called Austin City Limits.

I guess to say 'little', would be quite an understatement,
since it's 3 days and thousands of people go...

It's also the largest outdoor LIVE music festival,
and my sis took me last year and I will go till I can't go anymore.

Obsessed? A little.

Needless to say, I've been away from my computer, unplugged and relaxing.
I'm still a little tired and I've still got quite a bit of schoolwork, but for now,
enjoy my "Festival Faves" and I hope you have a great week!

***

AUSTIN EATS | The Best of the Best from a Vegetarian Perspective:

1. GOOD POPS - The music is fabulous, don't get me wrong, but I for one cannot contain my excitement over all the local food booths showing their skinny chef faces in public. This popsicle = lifesaver. Hibiscus Mint, I am forever in debt to you. And for any locals or store owners (anywhere), you can ask to sell these at your location. It would be a well worth-it investment of deliciousne$$. Trust me.


2. THE GARDENER'S FEAST | Vegetarian Tamales: I had the smooth blend of black beans and goat cheese. They offered tamales to a vegan's delight, but I needed some protein ASAP. I also had the Poblano and Cheese tamale, and it was good, but good in a "I'll eat this on a cold day when I need to get warm." It was easily 95 degrees and the humidity made me feel like one big walking hot flash.

ART | Thank me later:

1. SOULDIER - Hand Made in Chicago, loved by everyone who loves music or art. You have to check this stuff out. Camera straps, guitar straps, guitar string bracelets, seat belt bracelets, the coolest headbands.


 2. ROKOKO ART - "Our art is a journey releasing the expression in our hearts" says their website, and so it is. My sister and I fell in love with their Picasso-esque abstract style and their ability to tie in words with a picture. Exquisite.

MUSIC | I know it's two, but consider it "sets of two" ;)

 1. Headliners that DID NOT disappoint:
     The Black Keys
     Tegan and Sara
     NEEDTOBREATHE

2. Didn't know 'em, but now I love 'em:
    Dev
    Big Gigantic
    Stars

What TWO "things, ideas, places, thoughts" can you share this week?
and, Did you go to ACL? Tell me your faves!

Comments

  1. Those popsicles look amazing! I love that you have a little bit of everything in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I totally wanted to go this year! Those Good Pops look pretty freakin' amazing, and I just checked out Dev-totally in love!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been, my dear!

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds awesome! I've always wanted to visit Austin. x

    www.glittersgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing time! So sad I didn't get to go to ACL this year! I need to try those Good Pops! They look amazing!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come across several posts about ACL and I have to admit that I wish I were anywhere near there to attend. Those popsicles look AMAZING, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! Those popsicles look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard that Austin is amazing! I bet the festival was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sounds so fun! omg those popsicles look really yummy xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts