TWOsday: Writing, Frustration and Social Media



Book's I'd LOVE to write:

1) Non-Fiction: "When I Really Fell In Love With Jesus"

I know a lot of people who say they fell in love with Jesus at church, but I fell in love with Jesus while in a dirty park talking to a homeless man. I know some who said they were running through a field chasing a butterfly and some were overseas fighting a war. There are some pretty cool stories out there and I think people deserve to know that God is not limited to a building, but goes beyond walls and situations right to your heart... wherever it is. This would be a compilation of stories from believers who fell in love with Jesus in all different kinds of places and different times in their lives.

2) Fiction: "Hogwarts Dropout"

I never did get accepted to Hogwarts, so I just assumed I wasn't a wizard. Then one day... and the story begins. I think it would be fun to have a magic story set outside of a magic story. If that's not awesome and the "willing suspension of disbelief," I don't know what is.

When feeling frustrated:

1) I take a walk. (Listen to this.)

I really do take a walk. It relieves stress and I get time to "think" without being attached to societey and away from my computer (but I do listen to music on my phone).

2) Say, "it doesn't matter" even if it really does.

I started saying "it doesn't matter" a few years ago when I found that it helps me to let go. However, I also learned that people get really frustrated when I say that, to which I usually respond, "it really doesn't." I'm such a liar. It's become a defense mechanism really.

Somebody has to say it: Social Media

1) Presidential elections and social media are getting on my nerves.

I swear. The debate blew up on my phone and the one trending topic was #SaveBigBird. Really? It's not the fact that anyone says anything about who they are voting for, it's the fact that people talk trash about who they're not voting for and they don't even know if it's true. All you passionate politicians who are just politicians during election year can just stop. You look silly and you make that official by posting it on Facebook.

2) Hashtags are becoming overwheliming and overused. #DoYouGetMe? It's hashtag abuse.

People need a 101 in hashtagging. The primary purpose of a hashtag is to bring conversations on the same topic into a single thread to make it convenient for information consumers to view and compare ideas. Hashtags are for community, industry or campaigning, not a popularity contest. But maybe I'm wrong and just tired of reading such a long list of hashtags...

Comments

  1. great post! and your first book idea sounds amazing (so does the second one)-but I know FOR A FACT I would purchase the first! Also, a note to the hashtag thing-I completely agree...too many hashtags!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get the hashtag thing. I see people tag the dumbest things constantly, usually they don't seem to mean anything at all. It's a bit out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey your blog is great! maybe we follow each other!? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I laugh on instagram sometimes because a photo will be so pretty and all I am staring at is the long list of "#sunset #7pm #bestviewever #wishyouwerehere #gorgeous #ilovetoday" enough is enough! Hogwards dropout made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what you mean about the hashtag things.. i don't do them on every tweet cause sometimes i can't think of something witty enough...


    sometimes i really just want to run away to the woods! get away from all social media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts