My Sister's Poem: MOM

MOM
by Stacey Moss

22 years ago you welcomed me here to this place
Never letting me out of your sight, keeping me in your embrace
You looked after my well being and cared for my every need
Food, clothes, toys, bats, gloves, books, paints, colors, and tutus
Anything to help me, in order to succeed.

You attended every competition, recital, concert and game
Being my biggest fan, all while cheering my name
You taught me yes, you taught me no, you taught me right from wrong
You taught me to fit in, even better to stand out, but mostly to find a place where I belong

You treasured my imagination and inspired it to grow
Never hindering my development, allowing my creative juices to flow
You gave me chores and responsibilities, things I usually hated to do
But it taught me responsibility and that your never done until you're through

You taught me the Love of God and how Jesus died for me
You taught me how He healed the sick and helped the blind to see
You watched joyfully as I opened my heart to God and encouraged me all the way
You taught me faith is also actions, believing, doing, loving serving,
and not only that, but also the words to say

You helped me to make the hard choices, the ones that are hardest to make
Lightly guiding me to the the path you knew I should take,
Yet still allowing me to make my own mistakes

You've helped me grow into who I am and who I hope to be
Always loving, always serving, always doing everything for me
Though your muscles are tired and your bones might be sore
What's truly amazing is you did this times FOUR

***

At the beginning of this year my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. This month is breast cancer awareness month and my mom is doing well, done with treatments, growing out her hair and still fighting hard!

My little sister Stacey wrote this poem for her when she was mid-way through her treatments. Hope you enjoyed :) 


"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life 
to which you were called and about which you made the 
good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 
1 Timothy 6:12

Comments

  1. Well, now I'm crying. So sweet! I'll be praying for your mom.

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I need to call my mom now:) your sister is very talented and your mum is such a fighter, I can't even comprehend how strong her spirit must be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching post. Heather, knowing you and Stacey personally, I can attest to the noble and kind young women you both are. My prayers will be with your family. Love you both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Z! You're the sweetest and I feel that Stacey and I can honestly say if we can be anything like our mom, we would be winning. :P

      Delete
  4. This poem is beautiful - your sister really has a gift! And prayers to your mom for a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless your mom! She will be in my prayers and your sister's poem is wonderful! Stay strong!

    The Krystel Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. this poem is very powerful, Heather! I enjoyed it incredibly, thank you for sharing. I learned several things about your 2012 journey, and this is one of them. Super happy to hear that your mom has been kickin' butt and takin' names- y'all are such an encouragment!

    lifting your family with prayer- keep pressin' !!
    Much Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! That means a lot. I certainly miss you girl. Hope your doing well. Would love to get coffee and catch up sometime!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts