Warm Winters in Texas

I think the only thing depressing about Texas is a warm Christmas day.

It's quite possible that it's the only thing Texans
(well, most Texans)... complain about.

We tend to be a pretty prideful bunch
when it comes to the lonestar state.
Except!--with weather.
One morning it's in the 40s and by noon,
it's 80 degrees and no breeze.

Not that we're bitter,
or anything like that.

We just get a little sad, when we see
friends and family around us in snow boots,
scarves and lots of fun layers.

While some hope for white Christmas,
we just hope for green grass.

Christmas day, I think we've all grown accustomed to
just cranking down the AC,
putting Christmas tunes on and lounging
around in our flannel jammy-jams.

Tis the season to be jolly
...and hot (if you're in Texas).

Comments

  1. Haha, I love the shots of the Grinch, and I totally feel you about a non-snowy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, its funny, cause as I read your post, I'm here shivering and having a hard time typing cause my fingers feel frozen.

    I don't know what it would be like, having no "white Christmas" for Christmas. Its in the freezing as in FREEZING temps here. I had snow when y'all's were having Thanksgiving. Its not pleasant to be in, but there is something about having a white Christmas. Hey, I'd be very happy if you decided to come and spend Christmas in Canada with me :) haha.

    Love the grinch photos.

    -Lauricia
    giveitsomestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts