New 52: Bikram Yoga


I kicked off the my resolutions with a fun work out activity called Bikram Yoga. Ever heard of it? It's insane. Let's just start off by saying, the room is 105-108 degrees--sweat fest. Then I'll continue by saying its a 90 minute workout. The only thing I can compare it to is possibly how I felt after running my first half marathon...

Intense.

via

Yeah, that's the 26 poses you do, twice and my least favorite poses are 3, 4, 11, and 26. My favorite poses are 7, 13, 20 and 25. I guess if you had to ask why for both it's what I feel I do best at and what I need the most improvement on (or rather its just painful). Go figure I'd pick 13 as my fav. Judge away.

So, I bought a Groupon for 10 yoga classes, and let me just tell you if you're thinking about Bikram, discount is the way to go. It's pricey here in San Antonio, and I'd assume everywhere else. If you find a good deal, steal, I mean buy!

Bikram is awesome and I love the workout I get and the way I feel afterwards. I must admit it's NOT my first time. In fact I get around when it comes to yoga. I for one always thought yoga was a pushover workout, till I did yoga. After my first time, to which I had one arm and one leg holding me up and my arm decided to perform some crazy number by doing the hippie-hippie shake... I was a little embarrassed and needless to say, I respect the the yogi.

Comments

  1. I love Bikram Yoga!! It is intense but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a hot yoga studio nearby.....but when it opened and all my friends were getting in to it, I was pregnant! Now I have to work up the courage to go because I'll be the newbie.....and I will look like LITERALLY SUCH A HOT MESS.

    www.sashon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I started off the new year going to yoga too! But mine is just the normal kind, this sounds WAY too intense for me! There is no way I could even do number 5! You go girl!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, number 5 is tricky tricky with sweat filled hands. I can't do it either.

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! I LOVE Bikram! It's intense but such a good workout!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com
    MayBooks Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even heard of this yoga before! That's a lot of poses to remember, I am more of a pilates gal. I like that you do photography too! I do too! <3 Photography is one of my newer loves. I see you are a newer blogger! Welcome to the community. Why did you decide to start blogging?


    I am your NEWEST follower GFC! I hope you can stop by my blog, let me know what you think and follow me back on GFC too, and my new FB page! I look forward to your visit- have a super weekend!

    God bless always,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts