The Little Black Dress: Channeling My Inner Cinna









Dress: Ann Taylor similar| Heels: Target old | Belt: Asos

So the other day I had a conversation, with a friend of mine I met in college, over fashion, "our style" and growing up. Every time I've seen him he always looks so well put together. Even on test days he looked great (go him). Now we're both immersed full time in the biz world and my "happy hours" with friends look more pro-fresh-ional. Reminicsing, I told him, I don't really even know what my style is or how it came to be. I didn't understand it growing up. I knew I didn't really do preppy well and that I couldn't afford trends very often and for the most part he went through that too. 

I do know I've rocked the rocker, posed skater, worn the skinnies, kicked it country, hugged the hippies, sassed the sportswear and owned the office. He said he knew exactly what I was talking about. Aside from friendship and Jesus Christ we found that we now share one more commonality: fashion. #forthewin

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I really enjoy getting dressed in the morning. I know that statement alone makes some girls upset, but it's a joy for me. I do have my days, like all artists. I believe my Creator gave me the gift of creativity and when I wake up in the morning my closet looks like a pallet of paints and I'm the blank canvas.

So this particular morning my hair was really working for me, therefore I worked my outfit around my hair. Plus I had recently got this cool belt and wanted to rock that whoa! Who knows? It kinda seems I'm channeling my inner Cinna here (Hunger Games talk). Cinna meant business and so do I.

I'd like to share a few words to close up this long rant...
It's not really fashion advice,
but wisdom I've gathered from Pinterest.

This statement has meant a lot to my
struggle with comparison (the thief of joy):
Fantasy Vs. Reality.  So True..
HAPPY MONDAY FRIENDS!
May the odds be ever in your favor.

Comments

  1. Woah, gorgeous! I gotta add...your freckles are soooooooo Beautiful! I love seeing the extra details God uses in a persons appearance. Can't you just picture him deciding where each freckle should go and what shape/color it should be? :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit ,the pics are are gorgeous and your freckles are so cute!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOT HOT HOT. That is all I am going to say :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy HOTNESS! That dress...those shoes...your fierce attitude? You are killin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts