Vintage Shopping in Austin




Everyone says go to Uncommon Objects. "It's the cool place in Austin."
What if I said--no?  Go to a garage sale. A real estate sale. 
For goodness sake, hit up Goodwill.
I've got uncommon all up in my garage.
Wanna pay me?

We walked a mile in "vintage stores"to get to this place,
they would not let me pass the front desk with my camera,
{that seemed reasonable enough}
but then we went uncommon cubby to uncommon cubby...
Um, not so uncommon. It's just a garage sale on steroids.
And, it's expensive. Very expensive.
I was appalled...

Entertaining to say the least.
Some interesting stuff, but--

No I WILL NOT pay $80 for plastic book ends. 
I will NOT pay $75 for an armadillo holding a beer.
A brooch for $100? No. Just, never.

But enough hatin'.
It's just the cheap chick talkin' here. 
I want the deals. I want you to get deals too.

Now with that said, I can't give you a full break down
of "where to go" while vintage shopping in Austin.
However, I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed talking to
She's a gem, just ask her a question.
Any question.

Then there's Buffalo Exchange who
NEVER... ever... lets me down. 
(plus the one in Austin has "hip-er" stuff)

For more info on Vintage shopping in Austin,
check out this MAP... I visited 1, 23, 26, 11, 17, and 31.
{map definitely not to scale}

Comments

  1. First, y'all look amazing! Boots, dresses, breezy top...yep amazing! :o)

    Second, Hubby took me Thrift Shopping for Valentines (yeah, not a normal date for most people, but we're not normal) and we kinda avoided the "popular" places. Same reason as you...OVERPRICED!!! I came home with a super fun tropical print vintage dress (I wore it a while back with a petticoat underneath) from Top Drawer Thrift Shop for only $8. :o) I also found some great things from Savers, but was irritated that if anything was slightly "vintage" they jacked the price up!

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts