The Daniel Fast


For 21 days, I'm fasting.

I can eat:
Fruits
Veggies
Whole Grains
Nuts & Seeds
Legumes
Quality Oils
Water
Soy Food
Condiments &
 Cooking Ingredients

I can't eat:
Meat
or Animal Products
Sweetners
Leavened Bread
Processed Food
Deep-Fried Food
Solid Fats
Non-Water Beverages

Why?
This is mostly about: hope, self-control, guidance, prayer, the Holy Spirit, my body ("the Temple") and first & foremost WORSHIP. I've battled selfishness, ego, pride, resentment, arrogance and lust for some time, and above all of these, I've found that selfishness progresses. This Fast is NOT about me, but about the people I will spend my time in prayer for.

The Plan
I've decided that with each day, I will spend my time in prayer and the Word for groups, people and ministries that God placed on my heart while seeking to submit this time to Him. Twenty topics have been pre-chosen, and through the days I shall reveal one topic per day. I will research and wait on the Holy Spirit to tell me when to act and speak... My hope is to compile a list of prayer requests that I will continue to pray for through out the year.

Journey and Pray with me on this.
Encourage me, if you feel necessary.

Attributing Verses to this decision:


Daniel 10:3, Matthew 4:4, 1 Peter 4:7-11, Hebrews 12:28-29, James 1:19-21, James 5:13-16, Hebrews 13:5-6, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Isaiah 58:1-14, Philippians 4:8-9, John 17:20-23, Psalm 139:23-24, Colossians 3:15-17 and Romans 12:9-13


Comments

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts