Day 4 & Day 5: It's All In the Family

One word, this weekend: self-control. (Or maybe two.) This was the first Daniel Fast weekend, and it goes down as the hardest weekend thus far. My beautiful friend Elise came down from Fort Worth and I couldn't have been happier. I had notified her that I was fasting and that it was pretty strict, but we would still get her fed. She, of course, encouraged me and then reported that she was fasting from fried foods...

That's pretty much %75 of San Antonio's greatest treats.

Friday night, she came and I had seen an ad in the Current for a Spazmatics show at Hooligans. In true hospitable fashion, we went. (I mean, who wouldn't love 80s nerds singing awesome 80s covers?) We ate at Panera, and asked them to hold the chicken, cheese and dressing, which to my dismay the chicken and cheese were on the salad. I reluctantly joyfully picked them off...

On to Hooligans, no drinks, no care. We danced it up to our hearts content as Journey, The Cure, and Cindy made their way into the speakers.

If ever in Rome, or San Antone and needa get your vegan fix--Twin Sisters. I'd eaten there before and fell in love with that organic, vegetarian lovin' menu. I had scrambled tofu, smashed black beans and Idaho potatoes. Delight! First meal, I'd felt "full" on.  

Saturday proceeded with a steak and shrimp dinner pre rodeo finals. Sunday my mom made her divine coffee cake, "Y U no on the Daniel Fast coffee cake?" And later a cook out with my company softball team following a fish fry with family. Who knew Sundays were prime time for Bar-B-Queuing and fish fry's?  

Oh yes, tempting indeed, but the Lord prevailed. Besides my fasting prayers were going to some pretty awesome people, so this kept my spirits right...
 
If you know me, you know I have 3 beautiful, funny and smart sisters. We fight. We argue. We disagree. We share clothes,  music , books and recipes (some of these things reluctantly). All in all, they are some of the most influential people in my life. I love them so much it hurts.

When I was making my Daniel Fast list of prayers, my sisters fled to the pen, and I marked down their names without thought. So, it was not out of the norm to pray for them...  However, in prayer for my sisters, I leaned more towards Spiritual guidance and direction for their futures and future spouses. I felt a heavy need for that and asked God for some pretty expectant and hopeful things. My sisters deserve the best. 

My parents have undergone some pretty tough health problems here lately... I'd say they're at that stage of life where things start gettin' funky. Possibly I get this because all their phone calls with friends revolve around doctor's appointments and health and things of that nature. Again, I still hope and want the best for my parents.


I prayed for healing, for the doctors and more than anything that 2 Corinthians 4:16 would be true for their lives. That verse sunk deeper into my intercession than anything.

Here's the social recap:
I love nerds. Spazmatics.
Organic Grub, with the lovely Elise.
Daniel Fast Edible
 Question to all you locals. 

What's a good Daniel Fast 'friendly' restaurant?
I'm curious.

Comments

Popular Posts