Day 2: Missions

“I like men whose vision carries them
far beyond their own horizons.”-Kenneth Strachan

Courtesy
Missions, a subject near and dear
to my heart... yet so very far away.

Today I spent time in prayer for the meek and broken hearted, aka missionaries. Originally my prayers aimed at cross-cultural missions and missionaries, and through out the day the Almighty reminded me of missionaries in the office, at home, in the streets--here in the US. It's easy to neglect those missionaries.

I meditated on all that has been done and, yet, all that we still have to do. The more I prayed the more my mind went back to sweet little faces...


Faces. Faces that can't escape my mind or heart. I dream about them. In my dreams we play and run, on an young autumns day...Within, my heart yearns to hold the children who God used to open my eyes to the Wonder and Awe of Himself. I long to tickle them. Read scripture and stories from The Jesus Story Book. It hurts.

A quote I found too true:

"Remember, when you see a missionary coming home broken in body and weary in soul, it isn’t the privations or dangers or things he’s done that leave a deep hurt; it’s the things he couldn’t do that break his heart.”
PRAY FOR THEM
For God calls everyone,
but few will go...


Meet the Missionaries:

MEGAN
"I hadn't even turned around and I heard, "Auntie Megan, it's Auntie MEGAN!!" I look up to find 6 of the boys in my group sprinting towards me. I had to brace myself as they nearly tackled me to the ground. At that moment, a powerful, overwhelming love for them flooded my heart. I looked at each of them with a longing in my heart. I wanted to cradle them in my lap, rock them gently, hug them tightly, and tell them how much Jesus loves them again and again..."
- Excerpt from Megan's Blog a missionary serving in Africa

BONNIE
"He was all God so He knew what was coming, He was all man so he could not have welcomed the thought of the cross. As I turned and got on another street and I away from the crowds I had tears in my eyes as I imagined Him saying to Himself 'They are worth it.'"
-Excerpt from Bonnie's Blog, a missionary serving in Mexico

KATIE
“…I am more more terrified of living a comfortable life in a self-serving society and failing to follow Jesus than I am of any illness or tragedy.”
-Excerpt from Kisses from Katie, a missionary serving in Africa



DAVE, GLORIA and 3 BEAUTIFUL BABIES
"Then Aliza piped in with a very good question. “Mommy, if you pushed Norah out to make her a birth day, then who pushed Redeemer out to make it a birth day?”

That answer is obvious. Only Jesus could have done this."
-Excerpt from Life in Arabia, (celebrating their church's birthday) missionary family serving in Dubai

Courtesy

Comments

  1. I know this post isn't about you...but you are one in the same as these missionaries you've highlighted. I'm so so very proud of you. Those precious faces make me ache FOR or maybe WITH you, because I know your heart is pure your wishes for them real. Katie's quote has put a lump in my throat, and I pray it won't go away until I act on it. Praying for you little sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts