FEELing Uncomfortable


Hi there friends. Today I'm so supposed to tell you what makes me uncomfortable, according to the topic given from Blog Everyday May. You know, the challenge I told you about yesterday? Anyways... on to the topic at hand.


Everyone has those things that make them feel... uncomfortable. It could be silence, the sight of clowns, a creepy crawly lizard, a nice big hairy man-chest, v-necks, hipsters, gay-rights, religion... etc. I mean, you name it and someone out there just might feel uncomfortable because of what you said. For me personally I don't use the word "uncomfortable," I like to use "awkward." 

Awkward somehow empowers me to get through uncomfortable situations and like any Office episode, laugh about it later...

I feel only a little bad about putting down exactly what makes me uneasy, because there will be some people out there that judge me and for the ones that really know me... they will just laugh because to them it's not uncomfortable it's just Heather being awkward. 


The real fact of the matter is I'm uncomfortable with feelings. Under the feelings umbrella is confrontation, crying and emotions. My emotional friends will either love that I can tell them to "man-up" and give unemotional advice or they'll be upset because I'm not crying with them or worse they think I'm heartless.

Heartless is simply not true.

I told my sister it was strange that I don't like feelings since a lot of people tend to seek counsel in me. She said "you usually just power through the feelings part." That's true. I won't sit there and hug you and cry with you, but I'll listen (I'm a real good listener) and then I'll pat you on the back and work on solving that problem. 


I threw out the umbrella statement, because though I'm uncomfortable with people telling me all about "the guy who cheated on them and how that made them feel," what really gets under my skin is people fighting and specifically people on the same team. 

I've realized the older I get and the more adult's sport leagues I do... the more stressed I am. I cannot handle a man my dad's age hollering at the third baseman, who's grandpa's age for making someone like me fall over. I just can't. Not only that, but players yelling at their teammates makes me nervous and uncomfortable too. I usually try to zone out and pretend I'm picking flowers in some field far far away, but I can't.

I also have a hard time dealing with married couples that argue in front of me. Disagreeing is one thing, but to extend an argument and possibly involve an innocent bystander is NOT OK. I can handle sibling (so long as weight doesn't get thrown around) but married couples, I cringe.

Now that I come to think about it... I'm just really uncomfortable with DISRESPECT.

Yes, that's what it is. 


What makes YOU uncomfortable.
If you will, refrain from using feelings...
JUST KIDDING.
Kinda. 

Comments

  1. I so agree. I always like suck it up. There is someone worse than you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone being "over emotional".

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and a little dramatic.

      I understand the whole solo bit... it's uncomfortable for sure! I would be the person people felt bad for. I've always wanted to do "special music" at church but I can't sing, so I'll spare everyone that pew discomfort. (no really, I can't sing)

      Delete
    2. A friend at church really, really can't sing, but loves to. She was praying and singing in the back row one service and a visitor told her how beautiful she sounded. She told the man God must've had His hand in it 'cause she knew it wasn't her on her own. As far as she knows it's never happened again. But happily she now has a little Granddaughter that LOVES for her and only her to sing to her! Now doesn't that just make you smile? :o)

      www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I walked away to cook supper and your topic was still on my mind. It hit me what REALLY makes me uncomfortable/awkward is when someone sings a solo and they just "aren't so good." I get so embarrassed for them each time a sour/flat note is hit.

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts