Perception Really Is Everything

Blog Everyday May's topic today: Favorite quote from a from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it...
via Tumblr

I must send a huge thank you to my favorite writers, theologians, and philosophers who've allowed me to believe and explore the depths of imagination and see the beauty of God and all His creation.

This particular quote is about perception and not everything we see is always the case. It's a beautiful thing to know that while I'm grazing through the pastures of infinite wonder... I am not truly lost. I am but finding myself and exploring the ocean of grace the Lord placed us in. 

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.
- J.R.R Tolkien -

Oh and shout out to Jana at "Perception is Everything." She's a great example of "good perception."

Comments

  1. I just found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May Challenge! :)

    I think this quote is an excellent one -- and a credo for nomads! :)

    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from Story of My Life. I love your blog title. Wonderful play on words. A girl after my own heart. That is one of my favorite classics!

    NewlyMynted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts