I'm Really Not A Cat Lady

I'm really not a "Cat Lady"
but my Instagram says otherwise...

 



I promise. I'm not a cat lady. You see, cat's and I go way back, and it's not all good.

When I was little my sister and I did a bad thing. We thought it'd be a fun idea to shove stick my oldest sister's cat, Lucky, inside of our pink Barbie car convertible. Bad choice.

The cat freaked out. We freaked out. I started trying to help the cat. The cat's claws came out and in the end it looked like Edward Scissorhands gave me a hug. The cat went free, unharmed (and unarmed... she'd left her claws in me). Bad choice.

Then there's this other story, that would bring the mood down, so I'm not going to tell it now. I'll save it for Counsel Me Sunday or something.
Either way, my childhood was filled with unfortunate experiences with cats. But I've come a long way since.
First Jinx came along. She was supposed to be an outside cat who killed Texas critters, but at the time our white lab didn't really fancy cats. Well, he did, but he liked them for a meal. That wouldn't work. So we kept her inside and watched her grow up, taunt our three inside dogs, get cray on catnip and plot to ambush us every time we walked into a room. It really warmed our hearts.
Since then we've adopted a few other cats. They're actually outside cats. Our newest addition (the one you probably all went "awww " to in Picture 2) Spinelli (yes, Ashley Spinelli of Recess for all you One Saturday Morning people) turned into an inside cat. She's crazy, but really seems to enjoy taking pictures. 
Now it would appear I'm obsessed with cats. {This simply is not true.} They're just so photogenic. {Also not true.} I love their "I don't give a cat" attitude, the way they play and they're less awkward to hug than dogs. You can hold them like babies. They're very dramatic. 
All in all I just think cats are hilarious. Especially grumpy cats.  I can't stop "pinning" them. 
Happy Thursday, friends.

via

Comments

  1. awwwww (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) but I am… hehehe! Love your kittens and you're such a lucky lady to have them around you! I decided not to have cats anymore until I live in the city :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "as long as I'm living in the city" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Jordan and I'm "not really" a cat lady either. The first one of him/her(?) with the sunset behind him is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Cat Photos :)

    And I'm totally a dog mommy & I embrace it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough I have had the worst experiences with cats (childhood and adulthood) but I still think there so cute - at least in pictures, never in person. I wish I wasn't scared of cats but I am. Hopefully, one day I'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower. I just love your blog! And this post made me think twice about getting a cat in the near future! But the pictures are very adorable. c:

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts