Zip-A-Dee-Do-DOT-Day

{Hey, Mr. Blue Bird}
It happened on that...





Shirt: Forever 21 | Skirt: Vintage {moms}, similar here and here  | Boots: Madden Girl | Jewelry: Premier

When I look at old pictures of my mom, I often say things like, "love that blouse... those pants... that dress..." ending in, "...I wish you still had that." My mom says, "if I would have known it'd come back..."

Yes, mom it would have saved me a lot of money, but I'm glad you kept what you did.
{this skirt being one of them}

Fashion now gets it's inspiration from fashion then. Everything we wear doesn't necessarily scream originality. All the hipsters, take a look at your parents pictures. My dad with his mustache, Big Red hat and pearl snap convinced me: originality is nothing new.

Don't get me wrong, fashion changes and like Heidi Klum says of fashion, "one day it's in and the next day it's out." True, true, BUT style is your own. Style is what you make of it and it's totally you. You never go out of style and you incorporate what you like about fashion.

I'm glad my mom hung on to some of the things she did. If I saw this skirt in the thrift store or on the shelf at some fashion store, I'd probably get it. I wore it swing dancing recently and for the first time in my 'swing dancing life' felt like I fit the part. No pun intended.

I'm not sure if dots-on-dots are "in" but it doesn't matter. I don't care if colored tights aren't 'the thing.' I'll always share what I love to wear because I believe in it. I believe in myself. Besides, I always tell my sisters and friends, you can pull off anything with confidence. I truly believe that.  

via Pinterest
**On a side note to ladies everywhere: Keep the things you love. Share the things you love. You never know what fashion will bring, but it always comes back and if you liked it then, you'll like it again.**

Comments

  1. I've always loved dots on dots...and I wear colored tights. They are happy things to wear. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited your blog and can say you wear a lot of 'happy things.' :) Thanks for visiting mine!

      Delete
  2. Looving thhiis post! veryyy nicee!! youve got a nice blog going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post, i'm loving how cute you look, you remind me of Dorothy from 'The Wizard of Oz'! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So interesting post!

    http://my-vegan-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so cute! Love the polka dots. and your braid is perfect! I just recently figured out how to fishtail braid, it is a real challenge to make it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the dots! Specifically any dots in the blue and white variety :-) Your fishtail braid is just too cute!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hi there, Ms. Cutie! I love the polka dots and your braid, and your style. Basically, teach me your ways :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts