30x30: Day 4 - Yup In My White Tee






Top: Ann Taylor | Cardigan: Target | Skirt: Ann Taylor | Glasses: Warby Parker

Of all the titles I could have used, I decided to throw it back to 2007 (the year I got my high school diploma). You know Dem Franchize Boyz? I remember never actually wearing a white tee in context of the song, but wearing several t-shirts of various colors promoting my sport and dancing around ackin' like I was thug, dustin' off my shoulders and raising the roof. Oh Heather, how times haven't changed.

Anytime my mom sees someone stumble, fall or do the "awkward" dance. You know the one where you're like, "I wonder if I try this..." and it never looks like the music video dance... Yeah, when my mom see's people doing that, she says, "oh look! It's the Heather Dance." She's not trying to make a joke. She's trying to say I invented a dance and that now awkward people everywhere are falling in line doing the same exact routine I concocted as a small child who saw herself in a mirror and thought, "I can dance if I want to, I can leave it all behind."

Yes, I still parade around trying to duggy. But instead of playing "Yup In My White Tee," I stick to the Plain White Ts and instead of watching MTV, I'm now much MUCH more mature and stick to Dancing With The Stars. I like to think when I'm a starlet, I'll have done my research and Bruno will give me steamy 10s every week.

*PS. I will be taking bribes and offers on dance tutorials in the near future. Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog- I am following you now, if you would like to follow back :D

    I love this outfit- so bright & pretty!

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love all the bright colours :)

    converseandtutus.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit!! The colors are great!! I thought I was already following, but I guess not.....following now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter the ::Friend Zone::. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I love your comments and read every single one of them. I'll be sure to check out your blog if it's linked to your name.

**Disclaimer: This is a positive space. I retain the right to remove comments that I believe are negative and disruptive to a supportive and loving community. Any concerns can be addressed in a private e-mail.**

Popular Posts